Thursday, March 18, 2010

Using A Model

I have been wanting to have my jewelry photographed on a model.  However, I can neither afford a photographer or a model.  So I took advantage of one of my favorite college students being on spring break.  We went over to a friend's backyard who has a lot of different levels and greenery.  Here are some of the pictures.






I am a slow learner when it comes to photography.  Here are some of the things I will change for next time: 
  • Pull her hair back - it definitely distracts
  • Focus on taking pictures of the jewelry and not the girl - that is after all, the whole point of this
  • Schedule an evening or early morning when the sun is not so bright.  
As I said - slow learner.  However, it was worth the effort and I will be doing it again.

Kathy

No comments: