- Artwork that inspires - my favorites are paintings from the Impressionist period.
- Clothing catalogs - these are great for showing color combinations that are currently in style.
- Interior decorating magazines - usually have more classic colors and are sometimes more muted that colors in clothing catalogs
- Nature - pictures taken during different seasons suggest different color combinations.
- Pantone color forecasts - jewelry in colors they suggest sells better. Color forecasts have an advantage over clothing catalogs in that you can work ahead of demand. Fire Mountain Gems usually has a forecast in their catalogs. Here is a link for the Spring 2011 Color Forecast.
- Blogs that focus on color inspirations - Colourlovers is one.
- Books - the one that comes to mind is Polymer Clay Color Inspirations by Lindly Haunani and Maggie Maggio.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Color is so fun to play with - it is one of the reasons why I love polymer clay! Combining colors can sometimes be tricky, especially when I'm looking for a new colorway. Places I look for inspiration include: