Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Some Fun Jewelry and a Website

Sorry it's been so long since I have posted.  Between some last minute holiday orders, some open houses I hosted, and everything I had to do prior to Christmas, I fell off the blogging horse.  And I didn't get right back on.  I let bad weather, illness and mid-winter blues stop me from getting back to my blog. So I'll give you a quick update of what I have been up to.

My husband has been after me for years to make things in team colors. When I was creating a purple and gold wine bottle stopper, I figured out how to make purple and gold tiger stripes.  This may not make you very excited, but I went to LSU and purple and gold tiger stripes are really cool to me.  When I was showing off my purple and gold jewelry, a friend suggested I create a whole line of team color jewelry.   So I've been playing with team colors.

The first thing I did this year was to create a website.  My website was sitting there, pathetic and neglected for a year or two.  I had some software to create a webpage, but it was not very intuitive.  So I bought a book, learned basic html and created my website.  I'm very excited about it and I hope you like it as well.

This is the time of year that I miss my hometown, New Orleans, the most.  It is such a unique city, with wonderful people, incredible food and Mardi Gras.  To celebrate Mardi Gras, I created a line of purple, green and gold jewelry.

I'm very excited about this year.  I think that it's going to be a really great year!  I can't wait to share it with you.




 

No comments: