Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Playing With Colors

Do you struggle with polymer clay colors?  Typically, I mix colors by putting a little bit of this and a little bit of that in the mix.  A little bit of this usually includes some scraps from another project.  The colors usually end up beautiful.  The problem comes when I try to recreate that color.  This year I am trying to start making more conscious color choices.  Yesterday my sister came over to play with me - see what she did here.  Since playing was the order of the day, I took this opportunity to start creating some color recipes using six blocks of premo color.

Halfway through the process, I realized I had made some mistakes.  Violet is going away - so I substituted fuschia.  My intention had been to use yellow and red in the future, but I can't wait.  Yellow and red will be added to the mix. 

Squares of each color were cut out.  I added 1/2 square of each color to every other color.  Then the squares were cut into 1/3 and 2/3 sections.  These were combined with each other in every combination (that I could think of).  Baking has not yet occurred.  I can't wait to share the results with you.

1 comment:

AndreaS said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with! Loved playing clay with you!